Indian Child Welfare goals include:
1. Providing an overall statewide ICWA compliance plan which meets ICWA, Title IV-B, Title IV-E, Child Welfare federal and state mandates.
2. Ensuring implementation of the statewide ICWA Compliance Plan for all State of Alaska Office of Children's Services, Regional and Field offices.
3. Providing a process for developing and implementing a data base which documents and monitors statewide ICWA Compliance.
4. Maintaining and increasing Tribal/State Collaboration Group participation in ICWA Compliance, Training and Evaluation.
5. Assisting in the development and implementation of a statewide ICWA training plan for both State of Alaska, Office of Children's Services and Tribal Indian Child Welfare Workers.
6. Providing a collateral ICWA plan for implementation with the State of Alaska Court Systems, Attorney General's and other attorneys.
Please address comments concerning this program to: SBenzel@health.state.ak.us
Note: Our authors are dedicated to honest, engaged, informed, intelligent, and open conversation about adoption. The opinions expressed here may not reflect the views of Adoption.com.